Facility Usage and Scheduling Policy
St. Joseph Parish is an active parish. Our facilities are for the use of parish groups and organizations. Outside organizations and individuals may at times make use of the facilities. However, there are criteria and priorities guiding such use. In order to facilitate the usage of the facilities and the scheduling of meetings, activities, and events, the following policy is established.
I. Guiding principles
· First Priority: Worship life of the parish is the first priority. The use of parish facilities for this purpose takes precedence over all other activities.
· Second Priority: Education/formation life of the parish is the second priority.
· Third Priority: Parish organizations and commissions have the third claim on the use of parish facilities.
· Fourth Priority: Parish affiliated organizations such as scouts, Knights of Columbus, etc
· Fifth Priority: Outside organizations or individual parishioners
II. Scheduling Procedures
Please note the attendance capacity of each area. These numbers are dictated by the fire department and for the safety of all.
· All requests for using parish facilities must be submitted in writing, using the “Parish Schedule Request Form” (copy included) or online at stjoemanchester.org. NO SCHEDULING CAN OR WILL BE DONE OVER THE PHONE. Hand deliver, mail, e-mail or fax, the completed official form to the Parish Office.
· No programs will be scheduled during regular mass times
· No programs will be scheduled on a Holyday
· Requests for meeting space will be for a maximum of one year. Dates will be booked from August 1 of the current year to July 31 of the next year. Forms may be submitted from May 15 - June 30. No dates will be entered into the calendar until after June 30. You will be informed by August 1 of approval of requested dates. All requests received after June 30 will be dealt with on a first come-first serve basis within the context of the above stated priorities.
· A request for space is not confirmed until the individual requesting the meeting, etc. receives written confirmation from the Parish Office.
· The pastor will resolve any conflicts regarding use of the facilities.
III. Usage of Parish Facilities
· Each organization is responsible for setting up and cleaning up. Any use of parish personnel is to be cleared with the Business Manager in advance. Before you leave we ask that you recheck the area your group is using to make sure that it is ready for the next group. This includes all bathrooms and common areas. Report any problems or damage to the parish office.
· If keys are required, please arrange with the Parish Office. All keys are to be returned the same day they are borrowed.
· Any storage of equipment specifically for the use of one organization must receive approval from the Business Manager.
· Use of the kitchen area and kitchen storage requires specific permission.
· The use of the church courtyard must be reserved. If groups are promoting or selling, we ask them not to obstruct the flow of people leaving church. Therefore, we ask that they stay behind the line that touches the brick wall at the east end of the courtyard.
· Groups using the Archbishop May Room and/or Music Room are asked to use the north entrance(the one-way drive side)
· Please be respectful of other’s property. Each group is responsible for their own supplies.
IV. Use of facilities by outside organizations or private individuals
There are times when consideration will be given to outside groups or private individuals using the parish facilities. Again, the pastor gives final approval. The following items are to be noted:
· Private individuals may not book the facilities more than six weeks in advance of the requested event. Contact the parish office for current fees.
· Issues of insurance and clean up must be resolved. There will be an insurance fee as well as a clean up fee for use of the facility
· Security may be required at the discretion of the pastor. If security is required the office will arrange for this and the cost will be the responsibility of the outside group or individual.
V. Listing of meetings in the Parish Bulletin
· All approved dates will be listed, as space allows, in the official parish calendar. However, this does not guarantee that they will be listed in the parish bulletin.
· If the meeting or event is to be listed in the bulletin, this is to be done separately from the room request form. All bulletin notices must be sent to the parish office c/o the bulletin editor by Monday at . If a holiday falls during the week, the bulletin deadline will be adjusted per the printer’s timetable. Please include the following: Meeting name, day and date, time, location. We also need a contact name and phone number. This will help us and/or parishioners if there are questions. The bulletin editor has the right to edit any submissions. If the meeting is a recurring one (e.g. monthly), which you want listed in the bulletin, arrangements for listing in the bulletin must be made with the bulletin editor. Please take special care to note any times that the meeting will not occur (e.g. Christmas week, Holy Week, etc). Your cooperation and attention will be appreciated.